"Immensely valuable, a book that has been needed for many years."
The Appalachian Trail Hiker,
Trail-proven advice for hikes of any length
by Victoria and Frank Logue
The Appalachian Trail Hiker has
helped thousands of hikers learn the basics to prepare for a hike on the
nation's premier long distance hiking trail. This classic is now in its fourth
edition and it has been completely revised from front to back. The book includes:
- Valuable step-by-step information on preparing for any AT hike.
- Information on shelters, cabins, and
- Comprehensive Trail Club information including websites.
- Crucial information on nutrition and diet.
- Details on choosing the best equipment.
- The latest edition includes information on
"Pepsi-can stoves" and other pieces of ultra-lightweight backpacking
gear as well as go-light techniques.
With the help of dozens of A.T. hikers, the authors have gathered more than
100,000 miles of A.T. experience into this commonsense guide on the nation's premier
footpath. Intended primarily for novices, the book contains valuable information for all
Published by Menasha Ridge Press.
4th edition revised January 2005
You can click below to order online from Amazon Books and get 10% off list price.